TRACK DAY PREPARATION GUIDE FOR FIRST-TIMERS IN KENT
Been meaning to bring your bike down to a track day for a while? Lots of road riders in and around the Kent area have come to us in the past to invest in professional track bike preparation. Some have come back months later for race bike preparation, so keen on the track day buzz that they end up competing in UK amateur tournaments!
You don’t need to invest in new Alpha Racing bike parts to get your vehicle ready for a track day, providing it’s a solid bike. In fact, we recommend that those new to track riding hold off acquiring a bunch of track day parts until they’re sure it’s for them.
But there are some important things to know before you start off. So here, for the benefit of our Kent customers, we’ve provided some tips to ensure you’ve covered all aspects of track day preparation. After all, it’s important that you’re ready to ride, not just your bike!
Track Day Preparation Tips for Kent Riders
- Learn the Rules – Every track has their own rules. While some are generic and will be the same at a Kent track as one in Hampshire, others will be slightly more specific. If the track has a website, there’s a good chance the rules will be on there. Otherwise, give them a call or ask a track employee when you get there.
- Wear the Right Gear – Ensuring you have the right gear on is essential. Wear a one piece or two piece leather suit with a 360 degree zip connecting the jacket and trousers. Gloves, boots and an ACU/FIM compliant helmet must also be worn. If you’re lacking any of the above, visit our stockist of Alpha Racing bike parts track day parts; we’ll get you kitted out.
- Track Bike Preparation – Whether or not you do it yourself, or hire a professional race bike preparation team like ours near Kent, it’s essential to ensure your vehicle is ready for the track. Give our team a call to find out how we can get yours not only up to scratch, but operating at its full potential.
- Keep an Eye on the Weather – Exceptionally bad weather may see a track day in Kent called off. So keep an eye on the forecast. You don’t want to get your hopes up, then make the trip only for it to begin hailing 5 minutes before the session starts.
- Enjoy Yourself – Your first track day only happens once! Don’t stress out too much, and be sure to enjoy the experience. Also, check before you leave you have your driver’s licence. It’s far more common than you think for people to leave theirs at home!
Call our race bike preparation experts near Kent on 01737 304220.
Copyright © Prime Factors Motorcycles Ltd